Laura Leist, CPO
Laura Leist, CPO
- Author of eight books, including the newest release – Eliminate the Chaos at Work: 25 Techniques to Increase Productivity
- Award-winning entrepreneur – Expert in time management, paper management, workspace organization and getting the most from technology
- Founder, CEO and trainer at Eliminate Chaos
Eliminate The Chaos at Work
25 Techniques to Increase Productivity
Laura Leist will will help you Eliminate the Chaos at Work to increase your business productivity and peace of mind by showing you how to create streamlined information systems, processes and workflows.Laura’s proven 25 techniques are easy to implement, realistic and results oriented. Using these techniques, you can take control over your time and information to create workable systems built to reflect how you think and process information.
Increasing Your Productivity
In business, you need to be more than just organized to be profitable, you also need to be productive. Your business needs systems in place that you and others use on a daily basis to make every minute count and not miss out on opportunities to increase your earning potential.
- Would you like to be more productive and organized at work?
- Would you like to be able to quickly put your hands on information when it’s needed?
- What would you do if you had 20 extra minutes a day?
You will leave inspired to go back to your office and implement Laura’s realistic, time saving techniques AND you just might even say: “WOW! I didn’t’ know I could do that!”What if you could?
- Understand the difference between the “visible” and “non-visible” forms of clutter and why you need to work on both to increase your profitability.
- Explore the biggest time wasters at work and how you can eliminate them.
- Discover the difference between several computer and cloud-based task management systems and decide which one is right for you.
- Learn the 4 things you can do with any piece of e-mail and a system for processing, follow-up and organization that will empty your inbox and never let an important deadline slip past.
- Save hours each month by using three simple Outlook e-mail techniques you will wish you knew years ago.
- Receive a high-level overview of several computer and cloud-based CRM systems and why you can’t afford to not be using one.
- Learn the PAPERS™ method and realize why you need more than one paper management system for your business and learn how to create a Daily Action Center ™.
- Learn how to connect to your files and applications securely from anywhere via the Internet.
- Start thinking about how you can prepare for a digital disaster – what backup systems do you have in place and what will you put in place?
Seminars & Consulting Services:
What is time management – and can you really manage time? “Ultimately you choose how you spend your time; once it’s spent, you don’t get it back. So, the real issue is that you need to learn how to manage your actions and choose how to spend your time. Actions that produce productive results lead to the efficient management of time.” ~Laura Leist, author Eliminate the Chaos at Work: 25 Techniques to Increase Productivity (Wiley 2011)The problem? Not everyone knows “how” to manage actions and spend time. Lack of systems, technology and techniques to manage actions result in decreased productivity, lost time and wasted company funds.The solution? Identify opportunities to improve productivity by redefining, restructuring or implementing paper and electronic information systems for individuals or company-wide deployment.Who Benefits? You and your employer. Your bottom line: miss-managed time = less profits.The Result? You get more done during the workday with less stress and can focus more effectively on company goals.How Can Laura Help You?
- Identify time wasters and implement solutions to eliminate them.
- Develop strategies for accomplishing the most important action items each day in order to meet your goals and complete projects on time.
- Implement an action item task management system.
- Standardize on one electronic task management system based on other technology used in your workplace.
- Devise systems to plan your day, week, month and year.
- Provide tools techniques to conduct and participate in productive meetings.
The problem? Not everyone knows “how” to organize their space for optimum use and functionality, which leads to wasted space and money being spent on supplies, product or items that are not needed.The solution? We design efficient, comfortable workspaces so the office can support internal working relationships and optimize workflow.Who Benefits? You. Your co-workers. Your employer. Your bottom line.The Result? Inviting, workable spaces that make everyone’s office more productive, supported and in control.How Can Laura Help You?
- Clear the clutter, so you can focus on your business.
- Organize storage areas, mail rooms, computer rooms, and individual office spaces – any workspaces – into efficient, attractive areas.
- Redesign the existing floor plan to make the best use of space and furnishings.
- Consult on the purchase of new storage systems, office furniture and supplies that will make a workspace more organized and efficient.
Paper and information management practices are essential in the workplace.The problem? Not everyone knows “how” to create the system or structure that will work for their office, small business or department. Lack of a workable system and knowing what must be kept are just a couple of reasons why desk surfaces are covered with paper and piles exist on the floor.The solution? Discover, define and implement paper management systems custom tailored to your business or job responsibilities. Efficient, easily maintained workflow systems put you in control of your information needs.Who Benefits? You. Your co-workers. Small Business Owners. Managers of paper-challenged employees. Your bottom line: after all, lack of systems result in lost productivity which wastes valuable company time and resources.The Result? Everyone can quickly find documents and return them to the correct location when finished. No more wasting time searching for misplaced documents, or – worse yet – spending time recreating lost ones.How Can Laura Help You?
- Determine the types of paper management systems needed; sometimes more than one is necessary based on your objectives, space and desired results.
- Define the structure of the system. This is often the most challenging part of creating the paper management system and the most critical for ongoing maintenance and use.
- De-clutter paper files – helping you decide which can be stored, scanned, shred or recycled.
- Produce logical, user friendly paper-management systems to ensure information is organized and easily retrievable.
- Create a procedure manual detailing your workflow systems.
- Provide training on how to maintain the systems.
Getting the Most from TechnologyDesign streamlined, logical systems for creating, using, storing and retrieving information with today’s technologies. Whether it’s establishing departmental or company-wide systems or working one-on-one with overwhelmed employees, we can find solutions to your most frustrating productivity challenges.Laura can help you…
- Create a system structure that supports quick and easy file retrieval
- Establish naming convention guidelines for how documents are named and stored
- Achieve “version control” to ensure that the most recent version of a document is the one being used and that corrections and revisions are never lost of overlooked
- Organize email in-boxes and folders to keep them current
- Fully utilize the planning and organizing features of Microsoft Outlook to better manage your daily activities
The Result: You work smarter and save time and energy.
The Eliminate Chaos Experience
When you put your trust in Laura Leist to work with you, you find she:
- will listen to understand your needs
- work with you to deliver results based on your budget and project deadlines
- provide you with complete confidentiality
- understands that each project is highly individual and she does not believe in a one-size-fits-all solution
- will design a solution around your defined goals.
Consulting. Paper Management Specialists work with clients one-on-one or in a collaborative environment. These services are based on time and materials; whether we work with you in your office or remotely.Seminars. Invest in your employees and increase productivity in the workplace by offering one of our programs on paper management or let us develop one that focuses on the specific goals you want to achieve.Lunch and Learn. Employees benefit from realistic and time-saving techniques they can start implementing that afternoon.
Laura Leist, Author of Eliminate the Chaos at Work
Since launching Eliminate Chaos in 2000, Laura Leist has walked her own talk about getting more done to allow “More Time for Life®.” A poster child for getting much accomplished, this self-described overachiever and award-winning entrepreneur has grown what was once a one-woman show into a thriving business. She has also written eight books, including the newest release – Eliminate the Chaos at Work: 25 Techniques to Increase Productivity (Wiley 2011.)Appreciative clients include CEOs of multi-billion dollar corporations, paper-and-systems-fatigued law offices, high-profile authors, speakers, athletes and media personalities, solopreneurs, and divas of domesticity. Though they come from all walks of life and work, they all share a universal need to invest in professional help to escape the clutter, disorganization and lack of productivity that slows them down, steals valuable time from their lives, and puts a crimp on their upside earning potential.
Customers and Audience Members Rave:
“Laura assisted us in creating a database to store important information for our business. Laura guided us in finding pocket pc’s that have virtually changed our professional and personal lives and the way we organize. Laura was very patient with us as we moved from having little scraps of paper all over our desks to having critical information at our fingertips whenever our clients have a request. Thanks Laura. The benefits of your service and expertise are immeasurable.” –– Noel & Dave Stockman, Crescendo Concierge LLC “If you can find 15 minutes extra each day – what would it be worth to you?”“I have always considered myself pretty organized, so I was impressed with the ideas that Laura was able to show me that saved me time each day. Even just saving 20 minutes a day is a big deal. That is enough time for me to connect with a new client, or spend with my daughters.” –– Bill Brooks, American Pacific Mortgage“Laura is very easy to communicate with and she knows how to get to the heart of the project very quickly. I would highly recommend Laura Leist and Eliminate Chaos to anyone needing organizational or computer-related services – no matter how simple or complex. Laura’s background and experience offers a customer more advantages than one might think. Thanks Laura.” –Karen Cassell“In our business we strive to preserve selling time for our agents and coaching time for our managers. We have been able to move our performance curve upward because of this principle! We brought in Eliminate Chaos to help us learn to organize Outlook and to use the tool efficiently and effectively. Now instead of spending selling time searching for emails and missing folders, we spend time taking care of our customers! This is a great training program with a definitive return on investment!!” –Sales Manager, Insurance Company“Laura’s knowledge of the vast capabilities of Outlook was amazing. I learned more from her in 30 minutes about organizing within Outlook than I had been able to figure out on my own in 10 years.” –Kevin Howard – The Howard Group, Inc“Laura’s knowledge and expertise on the function and use of Outlook far exceed any book or workshop I have attended. Laura presents the material in a useable manner and shows patience to all in the room. She is a top notch trainer. I highly recommend anyone using Outlook to take her course and find out all of the hidden treasures of the program.” –– Michele Catoire – The Legacy Group“Laura makes using Outlook as easy as it was meant to be without having to be a Microsoft Software Engineer.” –John – Phoenix, AZI wanted to let you know what a fabulous job you did speaking and how much of a pleasure it was to listen to your presentation. I think that office organization is an often overlooked topic, yet poor organization can affect every aspect of your business. Luckily, I was able to pick up some really great tips last night. –Melissa Mellroth, Ruth’s Chris Steak HouseCorporations
- American Express Financial Advisors
Coldwell Banker Bain
Evergreen Money Source
Executive Women’s Rountable
Laird Norton Tyee
Lane Powell Attorneys & Counselors
Puget Sound Business Journal
Seattle Gift Center
Securitas Security Services
University of Washington – Graduate Medical Education
Women President’s Organization
Conventions & Conferences – National
IPMA (International Paralegal Management Association)
NAPO (National Association of Professional Organizers) Years: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
NASMM (National Association of Senior Move Managers)
NSA (National Speaker’s Association) Years: 2008, 2009, 2010
Conferences – Regional
- Friend Fest
- Junior League of Seattle – Manager’s Conference
- Ladies Who Launch (Seattle & Portland)
- Money Wise Women Forum
- Mothers and Others
- NW Women’s Show
- Pacific Market Center
- Painting & Decorating Contractor’s Association
- PNAIS (Pacific Northwest Association of Independent Schools)
- WRPA (Washington Recreation & Park Association)
- Seattle Home Show Years: 2012, 2011, 2010, 20092008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
- Seattle Home Show 2 Years: 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
Condo & Adult Communities
- Burien Town Square
Associations – Chapter Meetings
MPI (Meeting Professionals International)
NACE (National Association of Catering Executives)
NAPO (National Associaiton of Professional Organizers): Seattle, Oregon, Denver, Chicago, New York, Sacramento, Houston, Connecticut, Washington D.C., Austin, Wisconsin
NSA (National Speaker’s Association): Pacific NW Chapter
PWiB (Professional Women in Business)
Rotary: Park Hill, Seattle
Women Business Owners
Colleges & Continuing Education
Puget Sound Center